You must have Python installed. Check to see if you have Python installed from the commandline:
Table of Contents:
- Create a Starterapp
- Git Clone and Setup
- Create Additional Folders and Files
- Commit and Push Changes to Repository, Build and Deploy
- Create an AlchemyAPI service
- Create a Cloudant NoSQL service
- Add the Basic Workflow for Request-Response
- Get News using AlchemyAPI
- Create Helper Functions
- Save Responses in Cloudant
- Parse Response for D3js
- Draw the Line Chart in D3js
The source code for the application can be viewed or cloned from Github.
1. Create a Starterapp
- Go to Catalog > Boilerplates
- Click the ‘Python Flask’ starterapp
- For name enter <username>-newssentiment
- Go to Overview
- Under ‘Continuous Integration’ click ‘Add GIT Repo and Pipeline’ to add a DevOps platform, select ‘Populate the repo with the starterapp packageand enable Build & Deploy pipeline’ > Click Continue > Click ‘CLOSE’.
- Click ‘EDIT CODE’.
- The very first time you login to the ‘DevOps’ environment you will need to pick a username for the ‘DevOps’ environment.
- In the left menu of icons, click the top folder icon, and click ‘Git URL’ to copy the Git repository url.
- If you prefer to edit in the online editor in Bluemix, click ‘EDIT CODE’ button and then click the second pencil icon in the left menu of icons.
- I will continue to work on localhost instead.