- In part 1 ‘QAVideos (Part 1), Adding User Management to Node.js’, I added User Management to a Node.js app using StrongLoop.
- In part 2 ‘QAVideos (Part 2), Add Custom Model and ORM in Node.js‘, I added a custom data model, i.e. a Video model, and used ORM to persist the model to a PostGres database.
- In part 3 ‘QAVideos (Part 3), Extend Model and Using Swagger.io in Node.js‘, I extend the built-in User model with Member, add a Question and Answer based on a Video model, and add a Sticker, while using Open API Specification or Swagger.io to define and manage the application from a Swagger specification file.
- In next parts, I will add Object Storage for video support, create an Ionic/Apache Cordova based mobile client, add an automated build, deployment and test script, add a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to the backend, containerize the application, add chat, and more.
- Node, npm, StrongLoop and API Connect must be installed,
- Check if the ‘slc’ tool is installed, by running ‘slc’ from the commandline. If not, follow the installation instructions, here.
- Check if the ‘apic’ tool is installed, by running ‘apic’ from the commandline. If not, from the commandline run ‘npm install -g apiconnect’.
- Get the source code from part 2 of this tutorial and follow the installation instructions.
- Test if QAVideos (part 2) is running correctly by typing ‘node .’ in the root directory and browsing to ‘http://localhost:3000/explorer’ in your browser.
Open API Initiative (based on Swagger)
The OAI is based on the Swagger API specification, which is a description format for defining Restful APIs. The current Swagger API specification can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification.